Cost Reductions and Productivity Enhancements
To be of interest for active and competitively acting companies that want to optimise their print management and push digitisation forward, enterprise office solutions have to support cost reductions and productivity enhancements while ensuring the complete security of all corporate content. A simplified approach to deploying solutions is another essential aspect for enterprises of all sizes. Konica Minolta understands these needs and answers them with this single comprehensive and flexible platform, the Dispatcher Suite.
As a print management and document capture solution, the Dispatcher Suite platform includes Dispatcher Paragon for print management and Dispatcher Phoenix for automated workflows. The feature-rich solution has been designed to enable companies to effectively manage and reduce their print services costs, enhance efficiency by implementing digital workflows, and increase their document security.
Thanks to its complete modularity, the Dispatcher Suite is highly scalable and can be configured exactly to varying corporate needs. The suite’s different modules are available individually or in combination, thus maximising office efficiency and flexibility.
The Dispatcher Suite focuses on addressing business needs & requirements such as:
- Reduction of printing and related costs throughout the company, while ensuring that employees are able to print and copy without limitation, even if a printer is unavailable.
- Ensure the comprehensive management and control of the print environment by creating reports on who printed what, when, how much and where, as well as facilitating the allocation of all print costs to the originators.
- Secure the entire print environment, including the elimination of unauthorised access to confidential documents and sensitive corporate information.
- Connect all company offices and branches to enable the release of documents wherever these are required.
- Simplify scanning and document workflows throughout the entire enterprise.
- Push digitisation forward across processes and work routines.
- Improve the overall efficiency by increasing workflow automation
The Dispatcher Suite will do all this and more – enabling organisations to manage and protect their entire print and scan infrastructure with utmost efficiency!
PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS WITH AUTHENTICATION
Safeguarding documents as well as internal company data and information is a real challenge for many enterprises. One essential measure for this is safeguarding output devices reliably against unauthorised access, requiring all users to authenticate at the MFP via PIN, ID card or username and password before they can print, copy or scan documents.
- You need complete control of who is printing and/or scanning in your company.
- You want to eliminate any printed information lying around unattended in printer output trays.
- It is essential that you prevent unauthorised users from scanning and transmitting documents outside your company.
Our solution: Authentication
With the Authentication module, organisations can increase the security level of their printed communication. Uncontrolled access to devices is prevented by blocking devices until the user authenticates.
This is possible either on the embedded device terminal or via an external terminal attached to the device. For maximum convenience, users authenticating via ID card can benefit from the card self-registration feature when first using the software.
- Critical information and sensitive corporate content are secured and protected against falling into the wrong hands.
- Security breaches are minimised by limiting access to authorised users only.
- A close check can be kept at all times on who is printing what and to which extent.
PRINT ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME WITH PrintRoaming®
Operational flexibility is absolutely essential for global companies. For maximum efficiency in document production and management, users should be able to submit their print jobs in any company branch, eventually processing and releasing their prints in the location they need them.
- You need document production that’s not limited to a particular building or location.
- Your employees should be able to submit their print jobs in any location and print the documents wherever and whenever they need them.
- You want to increase the overall efficiency of your print network and make your employees truly mobile in their work.
Our solution: PrintRoaming®
The PrintRoaming® module lets users submit their print jobs in any one location and print the documents wherever and whenever they need them. As long as this remains within the company network, it does not matter if this is in another office, another building or even a location on another continent. Newly enhanced with client-based PrintRoaming®, the software provides this functionality using unique technology that only requires a very small amount of the network’s bandwidth to transfer the data quickly and efficiently.
- Time savings with convenient collecting of print jobs from a chosen printer at any company location.
- Instant reprinting of documents marked as favourites.
- Easier collaboration with the sharing of print queues within a team or department.
PRINT AND SCAN REPORTING FOR COMPLETE COST CONTROL
Enhanced cost transparency and ultimate cost reductions are enabled within any organisation with the diligent monitoring of individual print, copy, scan and fax patterns and the overall print performance.
- You need to keep print costs in check in order to adhere to your budgets.
- You wish for transparency of print costs by allocating them to specific departments, services and individual users.
- You want to create reports automatically at regular intervals to see the print performance of company branches and subsidiaries.
- You regularly have to compile comprehensive and meaningful reports for senior corporate management
Our solution: Reporting
The Reporting module helps you keep print, copy, scan and fax costs in check: The central reporting tool tracks all print, copy, fax and document capturing activities throughout an entire organisation, providing tables and graphs for a detailed overview. Print, copy, fax and scan operations are monitored and detailed information is retained on each job, such as job name and print date, a first-page preview and the number of pages. Based on this information, comprehensive reports can be created with just a few clicks.
Management reports are compiled in the same way to obtain a comprehensive overview of the company’s entire print environment, including details on cost centres, devices and users. With this module, “green” reports can also be created showing the positive effects of print savings with regard to reduced timber and water usage as well as lower CO2 levels. Various intervals can be chosen for reports (yearly, quarterly or monthly); and for easier sharing, reports can be exported to various file formats, including PDF, HTML, DOC.
- Enhance the overall printing efficiency with detailed reports that identify where print, copy, scan and fax costs occur.
- Detailed overview of the printing / scanning ratio.
- Administrator time savings with automated report settings and e-mailing of reports to designated users.
- Instant generation of comprehensive and tailored management reports for senior executives.
- Sustainability reports (e.g. for CSR and similar documentation) show to which extent natural resources can be saved by using the Reporting module.
4) Regain Control and Save Money with Rule-Based printing
PRINT ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME WITH PrintRoaming®
Companies that want to manage their printing infrastructure more efficiently depend on rule-based printing to significantly reduce the overall printing costs.
- Your aim is to optimise the print document workflow by setting up and controlling it with specific rules.
- You want to control what and how much users are printing in order to reduce the overall printing costs.
- You mean to avoid colour printing so as to reduce consumables costs.
- You wish to stop staff from printing every e-mail or at least restrict the printing of e-mails to black and white.
Our solution: Rule-based Engine
The Rule-based Engine enables companies to reduce print costs quickly, reliably and efficiently. It provides a broad set of different user roles that can be allocated to individual users or user groups. The relevant rules are automatically applied to all incoming print jobs from a particular user or user group; print jobs are only processed and printed if they are within the rule conditions. Any document that does not match the defined conditions is rejected, with the user receiving a corresponding message. With this functionality, the Rule-based Engine module is perfect to regain control of print costs and document workflows and keep these in check.
- Specific print rules, e.g. the restriction to monochrome printing, can be applied for an efficient reduction of the overall print costs.
- The strict allocation of print jobs to suitable devices, i.e. large print jobs to high-volume printers, supports the use of the entire printer fleet to capacity.
- Automatic watermark imprints in documents with sensitive or critical content provide a maximum of document confidentiality.
5) Credit and Billing
PAY-PER-PRINT MAKES CHARGE-BACK EASY
For educational organisations – whether universities, public libraries, colleges or similar – it is essential to charge users for all printing, copying and scanning activities on the facilities that these institutions are obliged to offer their students and lecturers.
- You need to ensure that users always pay for their printing, copying and scanning activities.
- You wish to allocate varied price plans to different user groups.
- You want to offer users the convenience of recharging their accounts via online payment gateways (e.g. PayPal) or by paying cash at a terminal.
Our solution: Credit and Billing
The Credit and Billing module offers users a convenient means of recharging their existing accounts. Users can take advantage of a range of managed print services, including a convenient pay-per-print service as well as releasing jobs securely at any printer in the network.
Several recharge options are available with the Credit and Billing module:
- Staff cash desk: Users can walk up to an operator and pay cash, which is then credited to the user’s account.
- Self-service top-up: This involves a payment terminal, at which users can pay bills and coins onto their account.
- Online recharging: Users can top up their accounts via PayPal or other payment providers.
Minimal administrative efforts combined with a maximum of flexibility: Individual price plans are easily allocated to different users or user groups, cost centres and/or output devices.
Users save time and enjoy the enhanced convenience of flexibly recharging their accounts, even online at any time from anywhere.
6) Mobile Print
ENHANCED EFFICIENCY AND FLEXIBILITY FOR EVERYONE WITH MOBILE PRINTING
Modern working environments extend far beyond the employees’ workstations at the office. These days, mobile workers take advantage of mobile devices using them also for their daily work.
- You want to offer your employees – especially those working in sales and travelling regularly – increased printing flexibility, enabling them to print in any company branch.
- Your staff should be able to print in different places at short notice, for example to produce last-minute documentation for essential meetings.
Our solution: Mobile Print
The Mobile Print module provides the typical benefits of today’s modern and mobile work style: Printing is available from anywhere at any time, and documents can be picked up at the printer of choice when they are actually needed. With the built-in document converter, MS Office or LibreOffice are no longer required, providing extra cost savings. Mobile Print frees users from only printing from workstations and ensures increased efficiencies and powerful flexibility.
- Being able to submit print jobs from anywhere at any time, your employees are free to choose from where they want to work. Independence from their workplace provides enhanced mobility and flexibility, increasing users’ overall efficiency and productivity.
- A maximum of convenience and ease is granted by e-mail submission, web-upload of print jobs as well as submitting documents from mobile devices via native print function embedded in the OS. And as no App is required on client devices, it is extremely timesaving and highly efficient.
7) Advanced Workflows
WORK SMARTER AND ACCELERATE DIGITIZATION WITH ADVANCED WORKFLOWS
Beyond printing and copying, implementing digital automated document workflows is another important aspect for modern office environments. Such capabilities are essential in order to increase digital workflow processes and work smarter and more efficiently.
- You need to index documents directly at the MFP.
- You need to convert scanned documents retrieved from MFP to Office format.
- You need to extract data from documents for automated indexing.
- You want to search for key information from paper documents that have been scanned in.
Our solution: Advanced Workflows
Via the Advanced Workflows module, the Dispatcher Suite not only facilitates managing and keeping track of all printing operations but also provides broad scanning capabilities as part of its functionality. Dispatcher Suite offers scanning features including advanced OCR, file conversion to PDF or Office formats, file renaming and an extensive library of connectors to 3rd party applications like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or Box.
The powerful Dispatcher Suite workflows eliminate the complexity of document digitisation for both administrators and users.
Administrators benefit from a graphical-based workflow builder that makes creating workflows easier than ever. For users, the straightforward menu offers easy scan choices, eliminates confusion and ensures that at the MFP documents are captured correctly and distributed to authorised destinations.
- Simplify daily office routines and boost productivity with predefined workflows and templates for printing, scanning, processing and storing files.
- Provide a convenient and easy-to-use experience for users with an intuitive menu that makes workflow selections simple and ensures that documents are captured and distributed to the defined destinations.
- Single Sign On support for scanning directly to SharePoint, SharePoint Online, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, OneDrive for Business and more.
- Convenient indexing and folder browsing from the MFP panel to easily select the desired scan destination.
- Extract data from files automatically via OCR zones and import into third party systems. Instant connection to cloud Apps directly at the MFP via an intuitive interface.
With its set of individual modules, the Dispatcher Suite provides a highly scalable and flexible experience
As an advanced print management and document capture solution, the Dispatcher Suite features a modular structure that caters to almost every user need, offering extensive functionality and a maximum of flexibility.
Once it is installed on the company server, the Dispatcher Suite secures and tracks any print job produced on multi-functional devices and network printers. Moreover, implementing digital workflows to replace recurring manual paper-based tasks is another powerful advantage of this solution to increase productivity and efficiency. The Dispatcher Suite’s administrator interfaces ensure the straightforward and intuitive administration of the entire corporate print and workflow management system. With the intuitive and harmonised panel on the output device,
- Authentication – User authentication is simple, convenient and fast with entry of username and password, PIN or ID card, right at the output device – for reliable and secure device access.
- Print Roaming® – Users can submit their print jobs to any managed printer in any location within the network and release the prints whenever and wherever they need them.
- Reporting – In order to optimises cost efficiencies, companies can enable the tracking and accounting of all print jobs. Keep track of the “who, what, where & when” throughout the print environment.
- Rule-based Engine – Via this module, the administrator can set individual print conditions for different users, such as limiting access rights to b&w printing or making duplex printing obligatory.
- Credit and Billing – This module is essential for educational institutions and project-based environments that need to charge print, scan and copy costs back to originators.
- Mobile Print – With this module, users can send their print jobs from mobile devices via e-mail or a web release page, thus enhancing mobility as users are no longer limited to printing only from their workspace.
- Advanced Workflows – Provides a generous toolset for powerful automated document workflows to capture, index and route documents with almost zero effort. It includes a powerful Workflow Builder tool to easily create complex workflows and offers an extensive variety of 3rd party connectors to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and more.